Instructional Support Associate
Instructional Support Associate-1801408
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's Degree (or foreign equivalent or higher). Dental Hygiene License. Administrative/office experience in a dental clinic or medical office setting. Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent or higher) in Dental Hygiene. Experience with managing dental practice.
Brief Description of Duties:
The incumbent will assist the Assistant Dean for Dental Auxiliary and Director of clinic Operations with routine administrative activities at the Shinnecock Indian Health Dental Clinic. This will include assisting with the daily assignment and evaluation of the dental assistant, ordering of supplies, scheduling of appointments insurance knowledge and handling personnel as well as performing hygiene and dental assistant responsibilities as needed. Successful incumbent will have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Liaison between the Assistant Dean for Clinic Operations, School of Dental Medicine and the Shinnecock Indian Health Clinic’s Nurse Practitioner. Assist with the continuing improvement of administrative procedures to ensure that routine activities are handled efficiently and in the most expedient manner possible. Meet with Assistant Dean for Clinic Operations, at Stony Brook University Dental School, to review status of dental component at the Shinnecock Clinic on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate and assist the Assistant Dean for Clinic Operations in managing the Shinnecock Indian Health Clinic; ensure that the assignment and scheduling of dental patients to the Provider is consistent with the Standards of Care and as dictated by the Provider. Ensure that the faculty, staff are in compliance with directives; monitoring daily attendance, productivity, time management, South Hampton Hospital Compliance, HIPAA, Infection Control, Fire Safety and OSHA regulations.
- Perform all Dental Hygiene patient care responsibilities as it relates to the oral health needs of the Shinnecock Indians. This includes dental prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, oral and nutritional counseling, fluoride treatments and sealant/varnish applications under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist..
- Responsible for purchasing all supplies and equipment in consultation with the Assistant Dean for Clinic Operations, necessary for the functioning of the Shinnecock Indian Health Dental Clinic, obtaining price quotes and arranging for educational discounts from various dental company representatives.
Responsible for maintenance and ensure equipment is repaired in a timely manner.
- Coordinate quarterly meetings between Southampton Hospital, Shinnecock Indian Health Clinic Coordinator and Assistant Dean for Clinic Operations.
- Periodically review the patient record to ensure accuracy, progress notes reflect treatment in progress, coincides with approved treatment plan, and to audit records for missing or incomplete entries to compile with Standards of Care and the Department of Health (DOH) and Indian Health Services.
- Implementation of the Policies and Procedures dictated by the Assistant Dean for Clinic Operations, Southampton Hospital and Shinnecock Indian Health Committee.
This position is Part-Time to work 2.5 days per week. This is a part time appointment. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
About Stony Brook:
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute. Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Jackson Pollock House in East Hampton, New York, the Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Instructional Support Associate
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: School of Dental Medicine-Stony Brook University
Schedule: Part-time Day Shift Mon, Tues: 8:30AM - 5:00PM; Thurs. 8:30 am - 11:45 pmSchool of Dental Medicine-Stony Brook University
Posting Start Date: Aug 22, 2018
Posting End Date: Sep 5, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $46,200 - $54,500/[email protected] CWE
Salary Grade: SL2