LST AV Integration Specialist
Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Other
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 13973
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 19-Nov-2018
As an AV Integration Specialist you will participate in audiovisual integration projects in support of Learning Spaces Technology. You'll provide integration, troubleshooting, and support services for a wide range of facilities across the campus. You will often work on multiple projects at the same time, and be part of a team that is instrumental in the delivery of AV services. Ensuring exceptional customer service is a key component of this role.
Who We Are
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
AV Systems Integration
- Integration of a wide range of Audio Visual technologies for facilities on CU boulder campus.
- Read and interpret technical documents, drawings and schematics.
- Ensure AV system integration follows industry standard practices.
- Demonstrate professional aptitude on worksite.
Service and Support
- Perform ongoing equipment renewal and replacement according to determined life-cycles.
- Provide troubleshooting support for AV systems.
- Provide end-user AV support.
AV Project Lead
- Assume a lead role for integration project task coordination and execution.
- Responsible for successful completion of installation phase of project.
- At times, direct the tasks of others as assigned within the project, and be accountable for outcomes.
What You Should Know
- At times this position will be required to work outside the regular business hours of the university.
What We Can Offer
Compensation for this entry level AV integration position is market-based, highly competitive and will be driven by relevant background, qualifications and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Empowered. Be Flexible. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- A combination of education and equivalent related experience in the field of AV engineering, design, integration, consulting, and support may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- 2 years experience with AV integration
- Experience must include knowledge in the integration of audiovisual systems, including but not limited to:
- Projection and display
- Sound and speech reinforcement
- Audio and video conferencing
- Analog and digital signal processing
- Distribution and routing
- Control systems
What You Will Need
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- To maintain a professional and positive attitude in a fast-paced and occasionally high-pressure environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google applications.
What We Would Like You To Have
- CTS, CTS-I, ITIL or additional industry related certifications.
- Experience in Extron and/or Crestron system configuration.
- General knowledge of Information Technology (IT) services, hardware, infrastructure and system architecture (IP; LAN; WAN; Routers; Switches; Hubs; Wireless Access Points).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This position will close on November 19, 2018
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer