Performs both standard and more advanced administrative duties normally under general supervision of Deans/Chairs of depts. Typical duties include performing standard secretarial and/or minor administrative duties, in addition to other specific duties as assigned/required that may include supervision of other support staff, student workers or temporary hires.
- Review invoices with Associate Director for verification of completion, correct quantities and proper coding for submission to Accounts Department.
- Coordinate and monitor vendor’s performance of building related services.
- On-boarding of all new personnel, requesting building access permissions, document and maintain training activities and adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Review Residence Life health and safety reports, Owl Life Maintenance reports and entry of all related work orders.
- Resolution of any customer service related issues pertaining to Facilities Operations, Safety & external customer concerns.
- Support Director, and Associate Director of Housing Facilities in all daily operations.
- Review daily open work orders, assess and prioritize high priority work orders to ensure these are being addressed in a timely fashion. Enter work orders due to student, administrators, or residence life calls and emailed concerns.
- Oversee, plan and coordinate activities of custodial staff, maintenance technicians in collaboration with foreperson and Assistant Director.
- Review and collaborate with Occupancy Management for anticipated move-ins to ensure that residence hall units are clean, repaired and in exemplary condition prior to the student moves.
- Enter, assign and resolve all bulk work orders related to preventive maintenance and yearly turn activities.
- Request and submit estimates from outside vendors for repairing deficiencies, maintaining proper operation of building systems such as hvac, boiler systems, elevators, structural damages and building improvement/repairs.
- Represent Facilities in inter and intra-departmental meetings to support and facilitate communication and action between both internal and campus partners.
- Research, submit and follow up on Purchase Order Requests to maintain timely resolution of work orders, ordering of inventory and replacement of necessary equipment and furniture
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
High School diploma or GED and 3 years related experience.
The Facilities Coordinator will work closely with the Assistant Director of Housing Facilities to support all Facilities activities. The Coordinator will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the Housing Facilities department. The Facilities Coordinator will provide operational & logistical support to the Assistant Director, manage departmental functions, functions including: work orders, registering long-term contractor access, database management, daily office operations, and coordination of appropriate ePro requests including quotes, invoices, and adherence to mandatory State vendor contracts.