MANAGER OR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, MARKETING
JOB NO.: 96430-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: PHARM/MARKETING & COMM
Categories: Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96430-AS
Working Title: Manager or Assistant Director, Marketing
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 07, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelors required. Master's degree, preferably in marketing, integrated marketing communications or relevant discipline preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Equivalent of 5 or more years of full-time experience in marketing and integrated marketing communications, including developing and executing strategic marketing plans and leading creative development with agency partners. Experience in enrollment marketing preferred.
Well-qualified applicants will have a successful track record in the following areas:
- Ability to transform organizational initiatives into successful marketing plans and brand strategies
- Ability to develop and execute tactical plans, including creative development that is on strategy, on target, on message and reflects our inclusive mindset, to deliver business goals
- Experience with digital marketing, including paid search, retargeting, and inbound campaigns with expertise with CRMs (e.g., Hubspot, Salesforce) and Google Analytics
- Experience with all key advertising and marketing vehicles, including digital/web, social media, print, and video, to deliver marketing and brand initiatives
- Proven record in enrollment marketing through all stages of the enrollment funnel, generating qualified applicants, and delivering on enrollment targets
- Successful work in partnering with agencies and external vendors to deliver on project goals
- Experience in managing internal partners to assist in the development of strategy and tactics
- Experience in rebranding, brand launch efforts, and institutional positioning
- Keen understanding of consumer insights and marketing research
- Data-driven approach leveraging marketing analytics and metrics tracking
- Superior communications skills (written and verbal), including strong presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships across the organization from leadership to line staff.
- Ability to think strategically and work collaboratively with diverse audiences
In order to be considered for the Assistant Director title, a minimum of 7 years of directly applicable work experience is required.
License or certificate:
In this newly created position at the School of Pharmacy, you will manage enrollment marketing efforts for the PharmD program and other degree programs to help deliver enrollment goals. This position will also lead peer school marketing campaigns that will enhance reputation and the School of Pharmacy brand. Strong candidates will be results oriented and possess exceptional marketing acumen, analytical orientation, interpersonal and personal leadership skills, and cultural competence.
This position reports to the School of Pharmacy Chief Marketing Officer/Associate Dean of Marketing and Communications and works closely with colleagues in the SoP Student and Academic Affairs unit as well as faculty and staff within the School.
Diversity and inclusion are primary values at the School of Pharmacy and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and who demonstrate cultural competence in their leadership.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. To apply for this position, you are required to submit a cover letter detailing your experience as it relates to the position and a current resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Nov 7 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 8 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time