WEB OPERATIONS MANAGER OR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
JOB NO.: 96636-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: PHARM/MARKETING & COMM
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Marketing, Public Relations, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96636-AS
Working Title: Web Operations Manager or Assistant Director
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 07, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- 5+ years with experience leading and working in collaborative web teams and work environments, such as web development, web design, website architecture, user experience, or web-based digital communications.
- Experience with information architecture and UX essential. Understanding of and passion for an exceptional user experience, particularly related to responsive design and cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Expertise using Google Analytics is required with demonstrated ability in implementing web analytics and analyzing website metrics and tracking data for decision-making.
- Experience with SEO and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Proficiency with web design software such as Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Familiarity with security protocols and accessibility compliance with commitment to W3C standards and Section 508.
- Proven record of providing customer-friendly support and web services, with a record as an excellent collaborator and communicator with the ability to deliver high quality work on tight deadlines, demonstrated creativity, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in website architecture and design. Ability to stay current with web technology and design is essential.
- Must have strong project management and interpersonal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Hubspot and Salesforce CRMs preferred.
- Understanding of digital marketing, including paid search, retargeting, and inbound campaigns, is preferred.
In order to be considered for the Assistant Director title, a minimum of 7 years of directly applicable work experience is required.
License or certificate:
This position will be responsible for managing the School of Pharmacy's web presence and intranet, ensuring that our sites are user-friendly and current. You will also work to expand our presence through the design and implementation of new web-based optimizations that will positively impact our audiences' experience. You should be knowledgeable in content management, user experience, information architecture, web analytics, as well as understand digital marketing.
Primary responsibilities of this web strategist and operations role include managing the planning, development, and implementation of the SoP intranet and web site redesign with an external agency partner; leading maintenance of the web site (https://pharmacy.wisc.edu)- coordinate and produce content with SEO, conduct quality assurance testing- to ensure optimal web performance and user experience; and driving data-based decisions with web analytics and reporting to meet School goals.
This position reports to the School of Pharmacy Chief Marketing Officer/Associate Dean of Marketing and Communications and works closely with colleagues in the SoP Instructional and Information Technology (IIT) unit as well as faculty and staff within the School. This position also collaborates with the campus Division of Information Technology (DoIT) on server management, online security, CMS updates, and other issues.
Diversity and inclusion are primary values at the School of Pharmacy and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and who demonstrate cultural competence in their leadership.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. To apply for this position, you are required to submit a cover letter detailing your experience as it relates to the position and a current resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Nov 7 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 17 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time