Associate Director for Residential Living
2nd senior administrative official in line responsible for directing a dept, division, or college and reports to a Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director for Residential Living is a senior leadership position within the Department of Housing and Residence Life that provides direct management for residential living functions of the department, such as community development, supervision of live-in staff, care and conduct, and residential organizations. Provides supervision to all live-in residence life staff, specifically direct supervision to area coordinators and indirect supervision to residence directors, and resident assistants (approximately 150 staff members in total).
The Associate Director for Residential Living will interact consistently with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to institution department heads, Division of Student Affairs staff, Housing and Residence Life personnel, and personnel within Housing and Residence Life on the Kennesaw and Marietta campuses. This position will serve as an advisor to the Executive Director of Housing and Residence Life and Housing and Residence Life staff about the residential student experience. This position is a limited term position through June 30, 2019.
- Promote a culture of diversity, inclusion, collaboration, innovation, and recognition in unit and assigned functions.
- Provide leadership and oversight for community development efforts in the residence halls.
- Provide quality managerial support for area communities and direct supervision for area coordinator staff.
- Provide quality indirect supervision for residence director and resident assistant staff.
- Serve in an on-call role to assist with crisis intervention and emergency response. Respond to incidents as appropriate and determined by department protocols.
- Provide oversight for the residential care and conduct process and serve as third-tier conduct review officer.
- Work to support department efforts in collaboration with the Behavioral Response Team.
- Participate in department strategic planning efforts.
- Assist with departmental assessment efforts.
- Collect, analyze, and report fiscal and other necessary paperwork for functional area on a regular basis. Prepare other timely, thorough, and accurate reports as required.
- Respond through personal contact with students, parents, faculty, administrators and University Housing to resolve problems, answer questions and clarify policy.
- Collaborate with Campus Services for university committees
- Be available to staff and residents during and beyond traditional office hours (i.e. – university events, departmental programming, meetings, etc.).
- Support, communicate, enforce, and abide by all University and Department policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, or related field
- 7+ years of progressive experience and responsibility in Housing and Residence Life