Senior Staff Accountant
Close Date: 11/28/2018
Description: UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS FOUNDATION
has an immediate opening for an
Senior Staff Accountant
The University of Illinois Foundation (Foundation) is the official fundraising and private gift-receiving organization of the University of Illinois (University). It works closely with alumni and friends, faculty and staff, corporations and foundations, as well as campus development professionals to create fundraising programs and opportunities that benefit the University.
The Foundation has an immediate opening for a Senior Staff Account. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for all accounting operation aspects of the Foundation's annuity and life income program. This includes ensuring accurate and timely execution of trust and gift annuity accounting procedures, oversight of payment processing to income beneficiaries, preparation of all required reports and statements for internal and external audiences, and preparation and review of all tax returns. This role works very closely with the Office of Gift Planning Services in stewarding donors of annuity and life income gifts, ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations, and discussing gift structures and investment strategies that align with donor objectives and tax ramifications.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and at least three years of experience in banking or trust operations; Subject-matter expertise for regulations and reporting related to Trust management.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage competing deadlines, and a demonstrated attention to detail;
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster cooperative relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders. This includes having a client-service attitude and focus in daily work;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement, confidentiality, and independent decision-making while adhering to institutional guidelines and applicable laws;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Travels as necessary in satisfaction of the position's responsibilities; and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in accounting for charitable trusts;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and filing tax forms for charitable trusts and gift annuities;
- Higher education advancement experience is desirable; and
- Knowledge of Innovest, PGCalc, and GiftWrap software packages.
Competitive benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive background check including but not limited to a criminal conviction and credit check will be conducted.
Application Deadline: November 28, 2018
Application Process: For full consideration for the role, all candidates must complete an online application and include a resume and cover letter. Candidates may create a profile through https://jobs.uif.uillinois.edu. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Foundation Human Resources at [email protected].
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS FOUNDATION
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER