Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work/Summary of Job
The Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension has an opening for a Professional Research Assistant (PRA). This full-time position will help coordinate various research projects and clinical trials for the Renal Clinical Trial Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires an enthusiasm for medical research and knowledge of or interest in kidney disease or kidney transplants. The candidate will be self-directed, detail-oriented and adaptable in a fast-paced research environment involving multiple industry-sponsored pharmaceutical, NIH and investigator-initiated research studies. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Working outside normal business hours may be required. The main duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with principal investigators and sub-investigators to enroll clinical trial patients
- Screening, consenting and enrolling study participants
- Collecting, processing, shipping and/or storing samples for research
- Conducting study visits, including participant interviews and data collection.
- Medication compliance tracking and coordinating protocol procedures
- Timely processing of paperwork for adverse drug reactions and other serious adverse events
- Patient education and follow-up, including scheduling visits and making phone calls as needed.
- Routine meetings with monitors to reconcile data management issues
- Compliance with all institutional policies and clinical trial regulations for best practices in research.
- Abstracting data from patient charts and electronic medical records
- Performing data entry into research databases
- Organization and management of research files and supplies.
- Work collaboratively and help with periodic cross-coverage of other coordinators in our office.
- Take on-call hours at least one full week per month
The PRA will work under the direction of the manager for the Renal Division Clinical Trial Office.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary range is $38,000 and up, and is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Minimum requirement for this position is a bachelor's degree.
Basic knowledge of medical terminology. Previous work coordinating clinical trials. Phlebotomy certification. ACRP or SoCRA certification as a clinical research coordinator. A Registered Nurse may be hired for this position at the level of Sr. PRA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, the ability to multitask and a willingness to learn and comply with relevant laws, rules, regulations and policies.
Although first consideration is given to those who apply by November 14, 2018, review of applications will continue until position is filled.
CU Anschutz is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants:First consideration will be given to applications who apply by November 14, 2018.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15113
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20224 - SOM-MED-Renal General
Posting Date: Nov 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Betsy Pike, Human Resources Senior Professional
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00601331