Per Diem Dentist
43% Part Time
8AM - 5PM
$136,000 - $136,000
The Per Diem Dentist is a member of the UCR Student Health Services (SHS) Team. This is a per diem (hourly) appointment. In accordance with ADA standards, provide full, complete dental care and services to UCR students, including but not limited to the diagnosing, explaining, and implementing of treatment options and will active engagement in dental education.
Current License to practice dentistry in the State of California. Strong verbal and in written communication skills. Commitment to quality patient care, excellent customer service, and to patient education regarding dental health.
Ability to diagnose routine and special dental needs of patients seen and treated in Student Health Services.
Ability to develop and implement treatment plans or referrals for special dental treatments/interventions.
Must be skilled in use of dental instruments, air hand pieces, and dental filing and cementing materials for teeth restoration.
Ability to obtain and/or maintain knowledge of new and developing materials by continuing education and techniques as required by state law and/or accrediting bodies.
Knowledge and ability to perform a wide range of skills to provide routine dental treatments in the maintenance, restoration and prevention of dental disease.
Must be skilled in the use of cosmetic procedures, such as dental whitening.
Ability to administer oral anesthesia.
Ability to make appropriate judgement of when to refer patients to dental specialist(s) for non-routine or difficult procedures that would require specialized dental care, treatments, or intervention.
Manual dexterity to safely handle and manipulate all required tools in order to perform job functions.
Ability to sit, stand, bend, and stoop frequently throughout each shift.
Knowledge and ability to prepare and keep clinical records.
Ability to provide dental prophylactics.
Experience with dental scheduling and/or EMR scheduling systems.
Knowledge, ability, and understanding of basic computer programs.
Ability to safely lift and carry 40 lbs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview