Transportation Service - 152510
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The University of North Texas is an academic and research community located in Denton, Texas with over 38,000 students and 3000 full time faculty/staff. The goal of UNT Transportation Services is to provide integrated transportation and parking demand strategies for the campus which coordinates pedestrian, bicycle, transit, vehicular circulation and parking.
The Transportation Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Manage and deliver planning, budgeting, policy management, compliance services, and related functions.
* Duties include development and monitoring of: complex transit operating plans, Transportation Services budgets and state financial and IT reports.
* Reviews and monitors vendor and inter-agency contracts; reviews purchases, travel, inventory, and other account holder authorizations; and develops and communicates policies.
* Responsible for compliance functions including reporting to external agencies and coordinating responses to information requests.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow-up with information, as necessary.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting