Mobile Crane Optr/Equip Coord
Requisition # 2018-9576
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Category Building Trades and Technicians
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Mobile Crane Operator and Equipment Coordinator will conduct crane operations and ensure the safety of the equipment.
- Inspect laboratory slings annually and perform monthly hook and wire rope inspections on active cranes
- Conduct crane operations classes, rigging training classes, forklift operation classes, and man-lift operation classes when needed.
- Plan and perform lifts.
- Consider safety as a priority for yourself and others in active promotions of a safe environment.
- Ensure safety by performing routine maintenance of equipment. Always educate on and enforce the safety procedures.
- High school diploma
- 10 years of experience lifting high value multi-million dollar components without incident.
- Provide at least 3 references for operator verification
- Qualified as both swing cab and fixed cab crane operator who is certified by NCCCO or CIC on both fixed cab and swing cab long boom mobile cranes
- NJ State mobile crane operator license
- Qualification as a Rigger
- Familiar with computing sling load angle factors
- Operate overhead cranes (cab or ground controlled) to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load; calculates the actual load in rigging due to sling angle factors
- Manipulate or depress crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions
- Attach load to hook or other crane accessory prior to operating crane
- Use wire rope and synthetic slings; shackles; swivel hoist rings; eye bolts
- Read and write English fluently and speak English clearly
- Designated as a Critical Lift Crane Operator
- Perform inspection on all slings, wires, and hooks; chain hoists
- Make sure all inspections are up to date
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.