OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, DUKE LAW SCHOOL
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, DUKE LAW SCHOOL
Duke University School of Law seeks a Recruiting Coordinator to work inthe Career and ProfessionalDevelopment Center (CPDC). Responsibilities will be to work with theDirector of Recruitment andEmployer Relations (the "Director"), as well as with the Associate Deanand entire Career Centerteam, to support all on- and off-campus recruiting programming, eventplanning, marketing, employeroutreach, and employer relations functions of the CPDC. As a "face" ofthe Law School and theCareer Center to key external stakeholders and students, respectively,this role has tremendousinfluence over perceptions and outcomes of the Law School and theCareer Center. The ability toperform and communicate at the highest professional levels is thusimperative.
Specific Work of the Position
The primary areas of responsibility include:
- Participating with theDirector in all aspects of planning andexecuting On Campus Interviewing("OCI") programs as well as off-site interview programs. Work includesinitial planning, decisionmaking, and time-line creation; long-term project management;identifying and coordinating withemployers and outside vendors; managing scheduling, logistics,technology and facilitating allaspects of the employer and student recruiting experience. Serve aspoint person for schedulecreation for OCI and off-campus recruiting programs and events. (35%)
- Assisting Director in developing, planningand executing a wide variety of large and smallon-campus and off-campus recruiting and networking events withemployers and/or students. (25%)
- Assisting Director in optimizing employer outreach, relevant studentresource materials, and jobpostings. This includes helping to:maintain and improve employercontact and involvement databasesand analytics; strategize and assist with employer communications;prepare colleagues for employervisits and calls; produce and enhance student resource materials,including on Wordpress, andcommunications; serve as point person for student inquiries andtechnology questions; overseeSymplicity management; review and approve job postings; collaboratewith Office Coordinator on regular job updates for students. (20%)
- Learning and leading creation and production of existing and newanalytic and visualization toolson Tableau and Qualtrix for use by colleagues, students, employers andother stakeholders. (20%)
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education-Work requires analytical, communicationsand organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of an Associate's degree program.
Experience-Work requires three years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education & Experience
• Analytical, communications and organizational skills generallyacquired through completion of aBachelor's degree program is strongly preferred.
• Training in Customer Relationship Management products and processesis preferred, as is formalProject Management experience.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Detail orientation and the ability to create and follow timelines areessential.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation and a high level ofprofessionalism.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management products andprocesses.
• Proven abilityto "multi-task"- pushing a number of projects forwardsimultaneously while alsotaking care of day-to-day work.
• Ability to interact on a substantive level- in person, via email andover the phone—with seniorprofessionals, as well as with students.
• Knowledge of the legal recruiting process, with an emphasis on lawfirms, would be helpful.
• Experience with social media and networking and ability to contributeto expanding existing anddeveloping programs and tools.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word,OutLook, Powerpoint, and Publisher.
• Ability to use, or learn, online tools including: to update websiteswith html; to build onWordpress; to utilize Google Analytics and survey tools.
• Must be able to learn new software programs quickly, includingSymplicity, the Career Center'score management system; video interview programs like Skype or others;MailChimp and similar"invitation/survey" programs; CRM tools; new efficiency programs; Adobecreative suite; Qualtrix.
• Prior experience with data analytics and visualization would beideal, preferably with Tableau;demonstrated and stated interest will be sufficient.
• Demonstrated ability to think on feet and troubleshoot complications.
Other Desired Attributes
• Desire to accept evolving responsibilities and to learn quickly.
• Ability to balance constituents' desires withprofessionaldevelopment/responsibility.
• Desire to learn about Duke Law School and the business of the CareerCenter.
• Enjoy and recognize critical value of project management, timelinedevelopment, organization, andattention to detail. Must handle the mundane duties with pride andexcellence.
• The desire and ability to work in a demanding professionalenvironment and to learn new skills.
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (early morning,evenings and some weekend) duringpeak times.
• Desire and ability to become a "Symplicity expert" and toconsistently learn more about analyticsand visualization on Tableau.
• Desire to directly impact the outcomes of law students' careertrajectory while learning about thelegal profession.
2835 OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of an Associate's degree program.
Work requires three years of relevant experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.