RESEARCH TECHNICIAN I
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN I
Research Technician - Department of Cell Biology and Regeneration Next Initiative
We are seeking a highly motivated research technician, preferably with experience in animal surgery and handling. The research goal is to understand and instruct regeneration of heart muscle. Procedures will focus on cardiac injury and disease in small mammalian model systems including mice.
- Perform technical animal procedures; maintain records and write reports in accordance with general laboratory animal procedures and in compliance with required regulations.
- Perform surgical procedures with focus on the induction of myocardial infarction and other cardiac tissue manipulations such as transverse aortic constriction and microinjection into the myocardial wall, as well as echocardiographic analysis.
- Perform pre- and post-operative care and observations and animal care.
- Assists in handling, healthcare, husbandry, sampling and surgical techniques.
- Responsibilities may also include interpreting experimental results and guiding lab members through surgical methods and analyses, and to help prepare reports of research for presentation or publication including high-quality figures that convey new findings.
- Work requires a bachelor's degree in biology or other directly related scientific field.
- Technical proficiency and collaborative ability as well as independent thought.
- Familiar with animal restraint, anesthesia, intubation, and ventilation.
- Training will be provided; however, experience with surgical models in small animals is a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least 3 references to [email protected]
942 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an Associate's degree in botany, biology, zoology orother science related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirementOR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.