Special Education Teacher Assistant for the Visually Impaired
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 11-07-2018
The Special Education Teacher Assistant for the Visually Impaired provides support for the Vision teaching staff and their students, in the classroom and with material preparation.
This position is subject to academic break layoff, mid-May through mid-August.
1. 30 semester hours of credit from a recognized institution of higher education
2. At least 19 years of age at the time of employment
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Past experience with children with visual impairments.
2. Knowledge of Braille Code.
3. Knowledge of transcription software.
4. Willingness to be flexible with work assignments and schedule.
5. Ability to transition quickly between classrooms throughout the building in a timely manner.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.