Physical Therapy Technician/UKHC
The Physical Therapy Technician's primary function is to assist in carrying out patient-related activities which are predetermined for each patient and assigned by the physical therapist. Additional responsibilities include: general cleaning, ordering supplies, processing paperwork, making copies, and sending faxes. This position will support both outpatient clinics at KY Clinic and Good Samaritan.
Physical Therapy Technician/UKHC
Physical Therapy Technician
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: regularly lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects 50 lbs. and above; occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); regular risk of back injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; regular exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens; and occasional exposure to combative/violent people.
Primarily Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm; occasional weekends and/or holidays will be required.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and self-directed with a high regard for attention to detail and excellent customer service.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Healthcare experience in an outpatient PT/OT setting.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you work well in a high stress, fast paced, and multi-tasking working environment?
- * Do you have clinical experience working in an outpatient physical/occupational therapy clinic?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter