Clinical Nurse Specialist/UKHC
This position will provide the necessary skills, guidance and education to patients and staff to insure that the care provided Is efficient and cost effective as well as being of the highest quality.The Clinical Nurse Specialist will be involved in facilitating the quality of behavioral healthcare delivery for patients at all levels of care including, but not limited to, acute, progressive, ICU care beds and beyond, through facilitation, support and education of nursing staff as well as patients. Develops, implements and evaluates educational strategies and programs. Identifies trends in patient outcomes to determine performance improvement activities. Provides support and clinical expertise to facilitate/coordinate progress toward meeting performance improvement goals. Integrates research, evidence based knowledge of nursing and resource management into practice environment. Participates in the development of health care policy and related education within the institution and community. Assists in facilitating transition to practice for the new graduate. Serves as a clinical resource and change agent. Demonstrates excellent leadership, teaching, interpersonal skills and an understanding of organization and systems
Clinical Nurse Specialist/UKHC
Clinical Nurse Specialist/Behavioral Health
H3270:Nursing Practice and Support Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Walking; ability to use computer workstation regularly with some repetitive motion.The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Day shift primarily, but other hours as needed to cover the needs of the service line.
The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, continuous, and patient centered care in a collaborative work environment. The environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the team of physicians to increase communication and enhance expected patient outcomes. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction; applying evidence based practice, and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
At least 5 years of behavioral health nursing experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience working in a behavioral health role.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years, up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter