Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
The Department of Internal Medicine seeks an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to function within the VAD and MCS Team.
The APP will work in collaboration with, and be an integral member of, a multidisciplinary healthcare team. The APP functions primarily in the inpatient intensive care setting managing the care of critically ill CV Heart Failure and VAD/MCS patients.
The APP is generally on a service aligned team and manages the day to day patient care from admission to discharge. The APP needs a strong foundation in evidenced based practice and education.
Will have a responsibility for ensuring an environment of safe quality care; demonstrate an advanced level of medical and nursing knowledge; clinical and technical competency; sound clinical judgment; professionalism as it relates to interpersonal and general communication skills; timely and compliant documentation; and take responsibility for ongoing professional development and competency validation.responsibility in the management of a caseload of critically-ill, complex patients in an intensive care setting.
This position, functioning as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, is a principal intensive care provider. The Advanced Practice Provider III will work under the direct supervision of the Cardiothoracic Surgery supervising physician and in collaboration with the faculty of Cardiothoracic Surgery. This position has specialized skill and knowledge related to the unique ICU setting in which they practice (e.g. ICN, PICU, PBMT unit, Neuro ICU, etc.)
In addition, this position will contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting, and provide leadership to the organization.
Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
7H354:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - CARDIOLO
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, Acute Care certification is preferred.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
40 - 45 hours per week exempt status, on-call as assigned
Technical and professional knowledge, dependability, time management, effective communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous experience in an Intensive Care environment preferred.
Cardiology experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * For Nurse Practitioner applicants, do you have a current certification in Acute Care, or are eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- I am a Physician Assistant
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in an intensive care environment.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please describe the patient population for which you have provided care.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita