Respiratory Therapist Senior/UKHC
The Respiratory Therapist Senior ensures competent care of patients through airway management, mechanical ventilator management, blood gases, oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, and other duties as it relates to assure the quality of patient care. The ideal candidate will perform proper documentation of patient care activities and interventions; record therapy and results as required by hospital policy and regulatory agencies; and communicate with other healthcare teams to ensure the quality care of patients. Please apply for any and all positions for which you feel qualified; if you do not apply for a specific position, you cannot be considered for that position.
Respiratory Therapist Senior/UKHC
Respiratory Therapist Senior
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (through the National Board of Respiratory Care)
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 25-100 pounds on a daily basis, as well as stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Primarily 7:00am-7:30pm; some weekends and holidays may be required.
The ideal candidate will have patient care experience, strong computer skills, and excellent communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Hospital experience is preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following National Board of Respiratory Care Credentials do you have or are eligible for?
- Certified Respiratory Therapist-CRT (only)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist-RRT
- * Do you have hospital experience in Respiratory Care?
- * Do you have a current Kentucky respiratory care practitioner's license or are eligible to obtain one?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter