SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR C
Duties: Are you passionate about enabling premier education and research through the use of technology? Are you eager to work with cloud service and platform providers to transition old services and build new ones? Are you seeking an employer who values both your time at work and away from it?
We encourage all who value an inclusive and positive environment to apply for this position.
We are looking for a team member who is:
* Engaged when working with colleagues and clients to solve complex technical challenges
* Able to learn from, and teach, their peers
* Enjoys helping team members refine their ideas as well as bringing your own to the table
* Wants to be challenged to develop new skills as well as demonstrate existing ones
As a System Administrator in Wharton Computing you will work with us to handle scalable enterprise-class services and solutions. You will build and deploy services with automated workflows for replicability and consistency. You will maintain a balance between supporting and re-architecting legacy systems as we migrate away from a physical datacenter. You will have the opportunity to drive your own professional development with training and conferences. You will participate in teams that spin up new projects or address the continuous improvement or retirement of existing offerings.
We use tools including Amazon Web Services, Ansible, Git, Jira, OpsGenie, Salesforce, Splunk and Zendesk to assess and deliver services effectively. Our daily work is a balance of projects, operational duties, service requests, and incident management. We support Windows and Linux servers offering a variety of services from Active Directory to Python/Django web hosting.
You will form part of a rotating 24/7 on call team that responds to system alerts and phone communications. We collaborate to reduce the number of services that page after hours and are dedicated to reducing the after hours burden.
To excel you will:
* Value inclusion and teamwork
* Strengthen our technical skills
* Bring new skills and perspectives
* Display leadership and accountability
* Understand security and privacy principals
As a Grade C System Administrator you will be expected to:
* Exhibit domain expertise for services and products
* Take Leadership of complex and lengthy projects with broad impact
* Expand your own skills by helping to teach other team members
* Demonstrate both judgement and insight in crisis and in planning
Qualifications: A combination of the following will help you be successful:
* Proficiency with a configuration management system like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
* Understanding of continuous integration components, like Jenkins
* A general understanding of DevOps philosophies
* A familiarity with ITIL procedures and language
* Familiarity with the Software Development Process
* Demonstrated knowledge of principals of technical troubleshooting
* TCP/IP networking and the fundamentals of network security
For Grade C Systems Administrators: A Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
To be considered you should:
* Have at least two years of Linux or Windows system administration experience
* Know at least one virtualization technology such as Docker, Hyper-V or VMware
* Communicate with technical colleagues and business users successfully
* Have experience with source control and be able to use Git, specifically
* Demonstrate familiarity with at least one scripting language such as Bash, PowerShell or Python
* Proven ability to adopt troubleshooting roles during high pressure incident response
* Display the empathy necessary for customer-first support
* Experience with technical troubleshooting
* Knowledge of configuration management, continuous integration, or networking and security
Experience building services in AWS and/or administering Salesforce a plus.
Reference Number: 07-30336
Salary Grade: C
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology (WCIT)
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology