Human Resources Technician (Temporary/Hourly)
Human Resources Technician (Temporary/Hourly)
Closing Date/Time: 11/16/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Temporary, Hourly
Department: Human Resources
Cabrillo College has an immediate full-time opening for an enthusiastic and energetic, Human Resources Technician who likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The hourly rate of pay for this temporary, full-time assignment is $27.81 per hour. Scheduled work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Assists in the planning of, and participates in recruitment and selection for academic positions
- Reviews applications and other employment documents to determine appropriate action
- Administers performance exercises
- Completes personnel related forms and documents, and ensures their processing
- Prepares necessary paper work for new hires
- Orients new employees and assists them in completing necessary forms
- Explains personnel policies, rules and regulations to employees and the public
- Provides information to employees and other organizations regarding salary, policies, procedures, memoranda of understanding, and related information
- Prepares and processes changes to employees' status through the College computer system
- Assists employees with problems related to personnel issues
- Maintains knowledge of personnel programs, changes and new laws, and ensures compliance with pertinent regulations
- Compiles workforce statistics
- Gathers information and prepares periodic and special reports
- Prepares confidential correspondence and maintains a variety of confidential files and employee records
- Tracks, monitors, and ensures compliance with various requirements such as evaluation schedules, trainings, fingerprints and tuberculosis screening
- Prepares Governing Board meeting agenda items related to personnel
- Reviews departmental recommendations, and computes and recommends hiring salary placement
- Computes appropriate salaries for academic staff
- Reviews, processes and maintains records for temporary-hourly workers
- Performs a variety of responsible office support work such as composing correspondence, maintaining files, and operating standard office equipment and various software such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and website management
- Recommends and implements improved processes and procedures
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
Education and experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school AND three (3) years of personnel or payroll support work. Please note: Equivalent to two years of college coursework in Business, Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related filed may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- Experience with Colleague and NEOGOV information systems
- Basic public personnel administration practices and terminology
- Basic techniques and practices of recruitment and selection
- Basic functions and structure of a community college or similar educational setting
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the use of office equipment
- Basic computer operations, including common software use
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Business mathematics
- Perform complex and technical work related to human resources
- Understand, interpret, apply, and explain complex policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community
- Organize own work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments
- Research and compile information and prepare reports and recommendations
- Exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Make accurate salary and other calculations
- Prepare clear, concise, and effective written materials
- Establish and maintain accurate records and files
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer and a variety of software with sufficient speed and accuracy to enter, edit, and retrieve data, and generate reports
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Establish and maintaining effective working relationships
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces noting "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: social security number, birth date, age, gender, birth place and personal photos.
**To be considered, each applicant MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed online Employment Application
- Job-related resume
Application Deadline: All application materials MUST be received in the Human Resources Department by Friday, November 16, 2018.
Cabrillo College currently provides a benefit stipend contribution for medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Please note: Employee who work part-time contracts will receive a pro rata benefit stipend based on the percentage of assignment.
Confidential employees are required to join the California Public Employee's Retirement System (CalPERS) and as such contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to CalPERS on a pre-tax basis.
To apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cabrilloedu
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency