SENIOR FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR
SENIOR FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV3624
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Aid
Scope of Job:
To provide supervisory skills in the coordination of several programs and activities in the day to day operation of the University the Office of Student Financial Services. Responsible for decision making processes requiring initiative and judgment in responding to individual needs of students for administration of one or more programs areas within the office of Student Financial Services, and for the development of information and repost as required by financial aid programs.
Description of Duties:
• Manages assigned student financial aid programs.
• Establishes, manages, and monitors standards of quality control for financial aid programs.
• Resolves general and complex award issues.
• Maintains compliance of State, Federal and Institutional programs.
• Reconciles financial aid program accounts with the Financial Aid Accounting Office.
• Prepares and reviews reports and data for internal and external reporting and perform statistical analysis.
• Manages federal, state and institutional fund allocations in the awarding and disbursing process.
• Identifies program issues and challenges and works with management to resolve them.
• Communicates with federal and state agencies, as well as current and potential students regarding financial aid related issues.
• Ensures accurate disbursement to financial aid recipients and resolves unusual problems.
• Supervises employees in the administration of program(s) and assumes role of Assistant Director in absence of management.
• Represents Office at meetings, seminars and/or conferences.
• Counsels students on financial aid questions and makes decisions regarding awards.
• Interprets and implements regulations set forth by federal and state agencies.
• Plans, designs and conducts workshops and presentations for students to ensure full utilization of financial aid funds.
• Serves as liaison between the office of Student Financial Aid and other campus departments, as well as federal and state agencies.
• Resolves complex and controversial program issues to assist management with decision making.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Three (3) years work experience in a closely related field to the duties being performed.
Work experience in Financial Aid.
Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office products and ability to learn other software programs.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment.
Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills as well as excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented. Ability to multi-task, demonstrate computational ability and respond effectively in a variety of situations and work effectively in team situations. Some travel will be required as well as flexibility to work evenings and/ or weekends.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/02/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19772
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency