MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR
MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV3628
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
This position is responsible for providing credentialing support for the UTRGV School of Medicine.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for providing credentialing services for all medical staff and allied health professionals. The duties include, but are not limited to, the timely completion of the Texas Standardized Credentialing Application, multiple hospital credentials, and practice plan enrollment.
• Verification and maintenance/compliance of all licensure and appointments for state and government agencies, certifications, and maintenance for each provider.
• Ensures that each provider meets the requirements for the Joint Commission, NCQA compliance and AAHC.
• Responsible for assisting faculty and staff with licensure paperwork and processes with state and government agencies.
• Assists with peer reviews from internal and external hospitals, surgical centers and credentialing verification organizations.
• Communicates regularly with hospital medical staff offices, practice plan staff and regulatory agencies for credentialing, re-credentialing and enrollment for providers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
• Associates Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Three (3) years of specialized experience in credential and/or CMS/TMHP/health plan enrollment processes with a High School Diploma/GED.
Course work in a health related area.
Three (3) years office administrative experience.
Work experience in a health related environment.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Possess oral and written communication skills. Possess effective organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work on multiple tasks.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/05/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19544
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency