Operations Services Center Supervisor
Operations Services Center Supervisor
Job Number: 81089
Operator Services Center Supervisor
Job Code: 4141Grade: JStanford University IT (UIT) Operator Services Center (OSC) is a 24/7/365 operation that provides call and paging support for information and directory calls, medical and facility emergencies, and on-call critical response team schedules and contacts.
The Operator Services supervisor is responsible for supervising 36 bargaining union operators. Supervisor manages the day-to-day operations and ensures operations are in line with established policies and procedures. Supervisor is responsible for hiring personnel, training of staff, skills training, career coaching, personal development, performance management, and appropriate use of staff resources. This position is under the direction of the Operator Services Center Manager.
Supervisor Job Duties:
- Manage bargaining union staff of 36 operatorsInterpret, implement and ensure compliance with University Administrative Guide and Bargaining Union Guide policies and procedures. Recommend new internal processes, policies, guidelines and proceduresEvaluate business plans and processes for operational and/or financial effectiveness. Analyze and resolve complex issues and provide alternative solutions as necessary. May lead process improvement for immediate unit or program. Influence leadership on specific recommendations for current operations and future developmentAnalyze needs and make recommendations to leadership for changes in staffing, facilities, health and safety compliance, finance, technology and/or administrative functions.Manage the finances for area(s) of responsibility which includes developing, monitoring, analyzing, forecasting and reporting on the annual budgetRepresent the department or program's business operations and administrative affairs within the organization/school and/or outside constituenciesAttend educational workshops, establish networks, benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societiesConduct shift briefings to provide updates, assignments, training, and uniform compliance.Work with staff and manager to identify process and quality improvements Research/Investigation of any service issuesRun and post daily metricsMonitor and process Service Tickets in timely mannerImplementation of process improvements/changesTrack and monitor employees' attendance on a daily basis and address unsatisfactory attendance in a timely and consistent mannerManage incidents of workplace misconduct, progressive discipline with professionalism and in compliance with HR guidelinesMeet with clients often to ensure client satisfaction
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for a fast pace, 24/7/365 call center operations and metrics, coupled with a high standard for customer service. H/she will lead by example, demonstrating professionalism, accountability, positive outlook, solutions focus, and a drive to ask “why”. Supervisor must be resourceful, work well in a collaborative environment and enjoy their work. Exceptional prioritization, organizational and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail, while maintaining flexibility with ever-changing deadlines and prioritiesStrong written and verbal communication skills to explain critical processes and proceduresExcellent multi-tasking and organizational skills to effectively manage a diverse service centerStrong documentation skills, noting dates, times, and narratives
- Shift work flexibility a must. Primarily work swing shift but may need to alternate shift depending on operational needs.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience
- Four (4) or more years working in a fast paced 24/7/365 call center environment
- Supervisory experience of a non-exempt bargaining unit staff is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Healthcare industry, including critical code communications and HIPAA laws and regulations
- Previous project management responsibilities, preferably in correlation with a telecom system migration or upgrade
- Demonstrated ability with the call center platform (Avaya and Cisco) and reporting;
- Power-user level skills in Excel, Word and Google Drive
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” work ethic that drives you to be engaged and solution oriented
Location: Business Affairs, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency