Job Number: 81085
Administrative Associate 2Stanford Woods Institute for the EnvironmentJob Family: AdministrationJob Series: Administrative AssociateJob Code: 4102Grade: EExemption: Non-exempt
The Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment harnesses the expertise and imagination of leading academics and decision makers to create practical solutions for people and the planet. The Institute is pioneering innovative approaches to meet the environmental challenges of the 21st century - from climate change to sustainable food supplies to ocean conservation. Its mission is carried out by producing breakthrough environmental solutions that protect and nurture our planet to meet the vital needs of people today and of generations to come.
We are seeking a professional Administrative Associate to join our team supporting the university's hub of interdisciplinary environment and sustainability research. This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly self-motivated professional willing and eager to take on new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This is a diverse position which requires the use of multiple Stanford systems and provides support for Woods' core functions including HR, communications, program and events, and a variety of other administrative duties. This role serves as the first point of contact in the Institute, serves as the Time and Leave Administrator for the institute and is physically located in the front office with interruptions and traffic.
- Approaches work with enthusiasm and is driven to provide great service; adds value to the team through meaningful contributions, solutions and ideas.
- Is flexible and adaptive to changing situations to achieve organizational objectives and goals; is comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Solves challenging issues with effective solutions and makes good decisions based on analysis, experience and judgement.
- Is detail-oriented with a goal of producing final products that convey information with high level of accuracy.
JOB PURPOSE: Provide administrative or operational support working under general supervision.
- Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
Education & Experience:High School diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Certifications and Licenses: None
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Location: Dean of Research, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency