As an Event Planner in San Jose State's Special Events team, you have the opportunity to use your experience and skills to engage alumni, donors, students, parents, faculty, staff and friends in a wide variety of activities that strengthen ties to the university. We are excited to welcome you to our fun and collaborative team environment where you will create memorable and meaningful experiences for many members of our community.
What you'll do:
- Plan and coordinate event logistics for a variety of large- and small-scale events
- Design solutions for event-related needs of our partners on campus - this position is the primary liaison supporting events for Athletics Advancement and Spartan Athletics
- Prepare program details and provide briefing material to campus leadership and key staff
- Coordinate all event-related correspondence, reports and presentation materials
- Lead staff and volunteers in carrying out the event plan on site
- Identify, select and manage relationships with internal and external vendors
- Build and monitor event budgets
- Support the Alumni and Community Engagement team in additional priorities
What you have:
The ideal candidate will have experience in providing their clients with creative and cost-effective solutions achieving their stated objectives through the event(s) in addition to:
- College degree from an accredited institution.
- Two years full time experience in the planning and execution of events. Up to four additional years of full time experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-by-year basis.
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with a wide variety of small and large-scale events
- Experience in higher education and familiarity with San Jose State University are desired
- A can-do, solutions-oriented, team player attitude
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend events, occasionally requiring local, in-state, and out-of-state travel
- A California Driver's License or independent means of transportation to go to various locations on and off campus.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary and generous employee benefits package will be offered.
Tower Foundation employment is separate and distinct from San Jose State University or State of California employment. Tower Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran's status, consistent with all applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose. Tower Foundation is not a visa sponsoring organization.
Final candidates will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification
Review of applications begins November 26, 2018, position is open until filled.
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
Alumni and Community Engagement
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0126
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency