Assistant to the Campus President (Reg FT)
Assistant to the Campus President (Reg FT)
Position Title: Assistant to the Campus President (Reg FT)Department: Campus PresidentCampus: South CampusAdditional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 7, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.Salary Grade: Admin 12 - min. $42,821Job Category: AdministratorsEmployment Type: Regular Full-TimeJob Slot: 5761Job Open Date: 8/24/2018Job Close Date:
General Summary: Performs significant and advanced administrative assistance to the Campus President. Organizes and manages the Campus President's Office; accountable for management of complex clerical and administrative duties; may review the work of assigned clerical personnel. Works under limited supervision with significant latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Must be able to use all software available to the Campus President with proficiency.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field. Minimum of three years of experience in similarly responsible positions in complex institutions; proven logistical and project management skills. Ability to manage complex and multiple projects on behalf of the Campus President; excellent ability to exercise good judgment and critical thinking skills; strong ability to research complex issues and report outcomes to the Campus President; ability to handle confidential matters with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response; ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently under pressure.Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and use the internet proficiently. Knowledge of the use of student information systems strongly preferred. Knowledge about managing the web presence of the campus and use of social media to advance the mission of the institution required. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
1. Plans, manages and implements complex programs that are sponsored by the college on the campus and allocates the budget related to those programs.
2. Researches issues and concerns addressed to the Campus President (including confidential and sensitive issues) and reports findings to the Campus President; may determine appropriate course of action; and /or may refer or respond when appropriate.
3. Assists the Campus President by writing, editing and preparing correspondence (that can be confidential and/or sensitive), speeches, reports, articles, tweets; prepares PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets; collects data using Survey Monkey and the Administrative Review System; and consults with the Deans for the production of analytics for consideration by the Campus President; proofreads and drafts copy for programs, invitations and other materials; track RSVPs; coordinates events on campus with the Marketing Department, the Foundation staff, and the Assistant to the President; updates the web presence for the campus, the campus social media presence and assists in the campus mailings.
4. Assists the Campus President in the development and review of the current and proposed office and campus budgets; processes orders; assists in the research for and development of grant proposals and budgets for such proposed grants; assists in ensuring that budgets are reviewed on an ongoing basis by the Campus President. Performs accounting functions related to accounts payable or receivables.
5. Performs a wide-variety of complex, responsible and confidential administrative duties for the Campus President including managing the calendar; completing expense reports; arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents associated with travel related meetings.
6. Manages the day to day operations of the Office of the Campus President.
7. Serves as the Campus President's gatekeeper and interprets and explains College policies, rules, and guidelines in response to inquiries; refers inquiries as appropriate; provides direct access to the Campus President through management of the calendar and appointments.
8. Provides logistics and arranges meetings and conferences; keeps the Campus President well informed of commitments and responsibilities.
9. Provides project support to the Campus President: stays in touch with the environment on campus and advises the Campus President whenever possible.
10. Provides communication between the Campus President's office and internal and external stakeholders and partners.
11. Maintains campus employee evaluations and disciplinary actions; maintains personnel files and records.
12. Develops and maintains the minutes for the Campus Communications Cabinet, the Campus Leadership Council of Deans, and other meetings coordinated by the Campus President and the Deans.
13. Stays current and keeps the Campus President abreast of key College strategies, goals, and policies and ensures that the campus advances the mission, strategies, and goals of the college.
14. Understands organizational policies and procedures to ensure appropriate protocols are followed; ensures that the campus personnel archives campus records according to the college records retention schedule.
15. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and manages projects and/or follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
16. Initiates and maintains a variety of files and records; orders and purchases supplies and catering for the office and campus.
17. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of assigned clerical personnel and work study students; assist with the completion of performance evaluations of assigned personnel; train staff in office methods and procedures.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearance: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=293
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency