Equipment Mechanic II
Los Rios Community College District
Equipment Mechanic II
Job Posting Number: C00770P
Salary: $4,826.50 per month
Closing Date: 11/27/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/9978
Incumbents, under general leadership perform skilled equipment repair. Incumbents trained and knowledgeable in ignition and computer electronic systems diagnostics. Smog and automotive tune-up technical skills and qualifications. [For a detailed job description for this SEIU (Blue Collar) posting posting Job Descriptions click here].
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full SEIU contract agreement details)
This position is assigned to Facilities Management, 3753 Bradview Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827.
• Incumbents trained and knowledgeable in ignition and computer electronic systems diagnostics.
• Diagnoses and makes necessary repairs on all district vehicles and other equipment.
• Knowledge & familiarity of diagnostic tools & equipment.
• Smog and automotive tune-up technical skills and qualifications.
• Inspects and diagnoses mechanical defects in machines and equipment, disassemble motors.
• Repair and replace parts, may order necessary parts and materials.
• May fabricate or repair machinery parts by cutting and grinding metal to precise dimensions.
• Recondition and adjust ignition and carburetor systems.
• Repair and adjust transmissions and differentials.
• Repair and adjust air and hydraulic brakes.
• Rebuild and repair small engines and power tools.
• Assemble and test new and repaired equipment
• Set up and operate all standard machine tools including drill press, sharpener, and grinders.
• Ability to set up and perform smog inspection and repairs.
• Moves, installs, and services mechanical equipment.
• Do lubrication, oil changes, and battery maintenance.
• Changes, repairs, and balances tires on district vehicles including dump trucks and specialized equipment.
• Analyzes & repairs hybrid vehicles.
• Diagnoses & repairs electric carts.
• Repairs electrical ignition systems.
• Makes service calls for emergency repairs.
• May do welding.
• Requisitions parts and materials.
• Instructs subordinates.
• Assigns and reviews work.
• Maintains operating and repair records.
• Performs related work as required.
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties. Possession of a valid California Class A license within 6 months of employment.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation and drug tests. Subject to random drug testing once employed.
EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to completion of apprenticeship in the trade, plus three years of experience as a skilled mechanic or two years as an Equipment Mechanic I with the Los Rios District.
EDUCATION: Equivalent of two years of college-level course work in automotive repair may be substituted for one year of experience.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.