Director of Program Development
Responsible for new academic programs, and delivering measurable results through product and program solutions that meet market needs and institutional goals. This position is responsible for market needs research, creating and executing the complete go-to-market strategy, refining the existing program portfolio and creating new programs. S/he works across internal teams to coordinate operational delivery and drive profitable growth. The Director of Program Development works with employers and supports the business as the expert for their programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a market-driven strategic plan, and deep understanding of the competitive landscape through the mining of internal and broad industry data to gain a competitive advantage for the College.
- Prioritize potential opportunities and focus team efforts to best capitalize on available resources.
- Initiate contracts, negotiate partnerships and develop agreements with industry to enhance offerings and demonstrate collaboration with industry.
- Monitor internal and external environments for the development of new business processes
- Develop and implement process to support Idea generation, concept development, and new product requirements.
- Develop Business Cases, including new product positioning and go-to market strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create plans for development, regulatory approvals, testing, commercialization, and oversee launch.
- Ensure product implementation plans meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Implement the recommendations of intelligence analysis and management.
- Monitor and report results of product implementation vs. business case.
- Work with senior management to maintain clear mission statement and long-term product development roadmap.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of M&A opportunities, which align with the College business plan as required or needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a related field and industry. Masters Degree preferred.
- At least two years of progressively responsible leadership experience within postsecondary career education
- Demonstrated success in product development utilizing a stage gate or similar process
- Demonstrated success in planning, conducting and utilizing market research
- Experience with online instructional delivery
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to discern develop cost-effective solutions with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to translate strategies into actions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
- High level of Interpersonal Skills with the ability to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries
- Ability to negotiate and obtain consensus among diverse groups
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan work.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as necessary
- Comfortable with ambiguity and potential for rapid change; able to adjust priorities caused by a changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple, important priorities, and deliver productively in a fast-paced environment.