November 5, 2018
December 7, 2018
The Evening Librarian will manage the programs and services in the evenings and on the weekends. The candidate will be responsible for assisting students, faculty, staff and the general public in making effective use of the library resources.
- Assist in instructional and referral services.
- Conduct library instruction through tours and specialized presentations.
- Perform online database searches and assist users in searching NC LIVE and work with the circulation materials. Conduct on-line searches and database management.
- Assist in managing the binding, weeding and selecting of the periodical collections.
- Provide reference assistance to students, faculty and the community at large.
- Conduct the instructional program for students and faculty integrating the use of both printed and electronic information sources.
- Manage the evening student workers and assist in maintaining the statistical control of the reference services in the evenings.
- Manage the change and discharge of library materials.
- Assist the public services function of the library in the evening.
Master's in Library Science is required. One year of related circulation or customer service experience in a comparable business, organization, or library required, and the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to :
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 or
Email: [email protected] or
Notices and Disclaimers:
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.