Administrative Assistant I or II, College of Law
University of La Verne
Administrative Assistant I or II, College of Law
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for the Center for Academic & Bar Readiness, this position provides general
- Assist the Center for Academic & Bar Readiness (CABR) staff with report preparation, scheduling, travel, meetings, conferences, confidential file management, expense reports, and correspondence.
- Assist in office management duties including, but not limited to: Scheduling meetings between students and each of the five CABR members. Determining supplies to be purchased and stocked. Preparing expense reimbursements, check requests, and purchase requisitions for each of the five CABR members. Make travel arrangements for conferences for the CABR members. Plan, schedule, and attend CABR bi-weekly meetings, as well as take the minutes for these meetings. Miscellaneous duties as assigned by any of the five CABR members.
- Prepare for and plan the Swearing in Ceremony twice a year.
- Prepare for and plan activities leading up to the MPRE three times a year, including, but not limited to: Being the liaison between students and CABR members regarding dates/times for MPRE study events. Create a study schedule for the MPRE to be posted online. Distribute, and track the distribution of, MPRE books to students. Be present at/take attendance at each MPRE study session and practice exam.
- Create and implement surveys for student satisfaction, and track data to analyze satisfaction.
- Analyze student appointments via appointment sheets to track amount of visits, length, reasons, etc. Create a report twice a year using this information.
- Oversee bar prep program for 20 weeks a year, each program lasting 10 weeks and culminating with the planning of a 2-day lunch for the bar students.
- Work with the Assistant Dean to coordinate academic orientation for incoming 1L students, as well as continuing student and transfer student orientation.
- Serve as an early contact for incoming 1Ls and provide them with a welcome packet.
- Schedule and plan program orientation twice a year.
- Upkeep of online course pages for Bar Prep and MPRE.
- Coordinate and plan yearly CABR retreat, as well as keep minutes of retreat.
- Coordinate LiveScan fingerprinting for students twice a year.
- Act as a liason between Barbri and CABR.
- Serve on outside committees as needed and requested by COL faculty and staff.
- Assist with grade entering and attendance keeping for classes.
- Proctor exams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years progressive clerical/administrative experience
- 2 years event planning experience
- 2 years data entry experience
- 2 years work experience providing faculty or staff support
- General knowledge of how to use a copy machine/scanner/fax machine
- Ability to multi-task and maintain focus with frequent interruptions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Graphic design experience
- Experience with working indepartmentally
Location: Ontario CA, College of Law
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency