Research Associate/Institutional Research
Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in economics, social sciences, statistics, computer science, mathematics, public or business administration.
Two years of experience in researching, collecting, compiling, analyzing and presenting various masses of numerical and qualitative data
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated initiative and desire for continuous learning.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Technical proficiency with MS Excel, and other Office products.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work effectively.
Preferred: Master’s degree or some graduate work.
• Knowledge of research methods and assessment practices
• Previous employment in higher education.
• Institutional Research experience.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or R.
• Experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey.
• Knowledge of SQL.
• Knowledge of Tableau, or data visualization tools.
Primary Responsibilities: The position provides a support role and works closely with the Director of Institutional Research in the collection, compilation, manipulation, analysis, and presentation of data used in reporting and institutional decision-making.
Assist in the collection of data from a variety of sources; documenting and clarifying data flow; organizing, cleaning and cross-checking data; preparing reports.
Assisting in publishing reports, data visualizations, and updating and maintaining the department’s website.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. Position is Security Sensitive.