Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Atascocita Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
The Atascocita Center, a satellite center of LSC-Kingwood. The Center provides a variety of services to students including registration, advising, placement testing, and a diverse assortment of course offerings, tutoring, and library services.
Campus address is 15903 West Lake Houston Parkway. Houston, Texas, 77044.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for proctoring exams in a secure environment. Proctoring and testing support functions are performed in a small office environment. Teamwork, ethical judgment, and dedication to exam security are vital.
- Administers exams and monitors students throughout the duration of the exams
- Performs customer service functions, including welcoming students, providing testing instructions/information to students, and assisting students and faculty in person, by e-mail, and by phone
- Receives and logs incoming tests from instructors
- Document delivery (return tests to instructors)
- Maintains tests in a secure environment
- Makes sound, ethical judgments in regards to exam security
- Performs administrative support tasks as needed, including maintaining files, recording statistics, and entering scores in a database
- Troubleshoot test errors and equipment failure
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
- Basic Computer skills (e-mail, MS Office)
- General office machines (fax, scanner, printer, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent customer service skills
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are Word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school education or equivalent
- Current Lone Star College students (and any student currently enrolled in any undergraduate program if proctoring any CLEP exams) are not eligible to work in the Assessment Center as a Proctor due to test security conflicts.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working in an educational environment
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience administering or proctoring exams
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 15903 W Lake Houston (0201) , 15903 W Lake Houston , Houston , 77044
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Atascocita Center - 0201
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2018, 5:37:11 PM