Certified Flight Instructor Part-Time Pool
Salary Depends on Qualifications
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-Time Faculty
Department Academic Services
Job Number PTFAC11.1.2016
Institute of Aviation- Certified Flight Instructor
We have an immediate need for flight instructors for Spring 2019.
Institute of Aviation Certified Flight Instructor teaches students in aircraft, assessment of student performance, conducting stage checks and supervising flying activities. Annual renewal of position is contingent on grant funding levels.
For more information regarding the program please visit:
Pre-employment criminal background check with fingerprinting required.
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
Essential Job Functions
- Provide individual flight instruction to students enrolled in Aviation Flight courses, including preflight/post flight briefings as well as maintaining the training records of assigned students.
- To assist faculty as needed in teaching aeronautical and aircraft systems classes leading to FAA Pilot certificates and Ratings.
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college.
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Participates in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Participates in professional development activities related to discipline knowledge and/or teaching skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Institute of Aviation Director/Chief Pilot.
- Hold a current FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating and FAA Certified Flight Instructor-Airplane Certificate.
- Must pass a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Hold a current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate with Instrument Rating.
- FAR 141 experience within a College/University flight program.
01 Do you have experience teaching?
02 Please list the name(s) of your degree(s), including the discipline, which qualify you for this position.
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.