Community Education Instructors
Salary Depends on Qualifications
Location IL 61821, IL
Job Type Part-Time Faculty
Department Communications & External Affairs
Job Number CE7.3.2018
Part-Time, Seasonal, Non-Benefited Position
Community Education is positioned to be a "one-stop", providing quality, diverse and customer focused programming for the varying community age demographics, interest and needs. We specialize in lifelong learning opportunities for professional growth, career enhancement, educational travel, and personal enrichment.
For more information, visit:
All applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Submit a complete proposal per class including proposed budget.
- Submit a complete syllabus and learning objectives.
- Provide classroom instructions in accordance with stated objectives, and established course outline.
**ALL classes are contingent upon meeting minimum enrollment.**
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, or applicable experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the proposed area.
- Must pass a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional attitude.
- Cultural awareness/sensitivity.
- Ability to work with others.
- Teaching experience.
- Presentation or public speaking experience.
01 Provide the title and a brief description of the proposed class or classes.
02 Identify and list course learning objectives and goals. Explain how you will meet these goals.
03 Provide a tentative list of supplies and corresponding budget.
04 What classroom resources will you need, if any for each class? (computer lab, document camera, etc.)
05 Indicate appropriate audience for your class.
- Youth K-12
- 15-55 years
- 56+ years
- All Ages
06 Indicate your availability and a suggested time for this course. Programming may be offered at a verity of times, depending on availability of space at Parkland College. Course may be offered on a one time basis, as a weekend workshop, over the course of a few weeks etc.
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.