Agriculture - Part-Time Faculty Pool
Salary See Position Description
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-Time Faculty
Department Academic Services
Job Number AESTag6.25.18
Agriculture/Engineering Science & Technology-Agriculture
This is a Part-Time Faculty appointment with a salary range of $1,085-$1,224 per Equated Contact Hour (ECH).
Part-Time Faculty teach part-time, advise and mentor students. Preemployment criminal background check with fingerprinting required.
Information regarding department programs & majors:
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application.
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copy of official transcripts from the institution where you received your highest degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college.
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Master's Degree is required to teach transfer courses. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate certification is required to teach technical courses leading to degrees, but not intended for transfer. If hired, certified official transcript required.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check with finger printing.
Medical, Dental & Pharmacy Insurance
Parkland currently offers one health insurance plan option to full-time employees. The plan is a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan (QHDHP) with in-network deductibles of $4,000 for single coverage and $6,000 for family coverage. A separate deductible will apply for out of network providers. No monthly premium is charged for enrolling in the medical plan. Prescription benefits are included under the medical plan and are subject to the annual deductible.
A dental plan is offered separately to full-time employees. There is no cost for employee only coverage. A premium of $4.50/month is charged for family coverage. Preventive services are covered at 100%, general services at 80% and major services and orthodontics are covered at 50%. There is a plan year maximum benefit of $2,000 per person as well as a lifetime orthodontic benefit of $2,000.
Schedules of benefits for both the medical and dental plans are available through Human Resources. Employees are not required to enroll in the Parkland College medical and/or dental plans and do have the opportunity to make enrollment changes during Open Enrollment each year or if a qualifying event occurs. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for more information.
Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Day Care Account
Parkland College provides full-time employees the opportunity to have pre-tax payroll deductions deposited into a Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or a Dependent Day Care Account. Funds deducted for these accounts may only be reimbursed to the employee for eligible health or child care expenses as defined by the IRS. The annual maximum contribution for the Medical FSA is $2,600 and the annual maximum contribution for the Dependent Day Care Account is $5,000.
Enrollment in the Qualified High Deductible Health Plan may make an employee eligible to enroll in a Health Savings Account on an individual basis. Please see a Benefits Team member for more information.
Parkland provides twice the base salary in basic term life insurance benefits at no cost to the employee. This policy is double indemnity and has portability provisions if the employee separates from employment. During the first 30 days of employment the plan provides a guaranteed issue period where the employee may elect up to $150,000 in supplemental coverage for themselves and $100,000 in supplemental coverage for a spouse, no questions asked. Any coverage above those amounts or after the guaranteed issue period ends, will be subject to evidence of insurability. Child Optional Benefits can also be purchased in increments of $2,500 to a maximum of $10,000. Premium rates for supplemental coverage are available through Human Resources. Coverage is underwritten by Reliance Standard.
Long-Term Disability Coverage
The disability plan pays 60% of base salary after a 90 day elimination period. Coverage is underwritten by the Reliance Standard. This plan is provided at no cost to benefit eligible, full-time employees.
State Universities Retirement System (SURS)
Eligible employees will be certified in the State Universities Retirement System (SURS). A mandatory contribution of 8% will be deducted from gross pay. New members to SURS must choose from one of three retirement options within 6 months of their start date. This is a one time, lifetime, and irrevocable investment election. Failure to make an election within the 6 month time period will result in a default election to the Traditional plan. More detailed information will be provided by SURS soon after your start date. Information can also be found via their website at www.surs.org.
In addition to the 8% contribution to SURS, full-time community college employees in the State of Illinois also contribute .5% to the College Insurance Program for retirees.
Additional retirement savings options are available for employees via pre-tax payroll deductions to 403(b) and 457(b) plans. Account applications and salary reduction agreements are available in Human Resources. For additional information, schedule an appointment with the Benefits & Compensation Manager. There is no employer match for 403(b) or 457(b) contributions.
Paid Time Off
Administrative employees accrue sick, personal and vacation leave. Sick and personal leave are granted up front at the beginning of the fiscal year while vacation leave is accrued monthly.
Sick leave - 12 days per year, granted on July 1st. Employees starting mid-year will accrue a pro-rated amount for the remainder of the fiscal year. Sick leave is not subject to carryover limits.
Personal leave - 5 days per year, granted on July 1st. Employees starting mid-year will accrue a pro-rated amount for the remainder of the fiscal year. Personal leave not used by June 30th will roll to sick leave.
Vacation leave - Administrators earn 2 vacation days per month for a total of 24 vacation days per year. The maximum annual vacation carryover limit at June 30 for each administrative employee will be the lesser of 56 days or 10 days for each year of full-time service as an administrator at Parkland College.
Bereavement leave is available in the event of the death of a member of the employee's family. See a Benefits Team member for more information.
- Domestic Partner benefits for same and opposite sex domestic partners.
- Wellness Reimbursement up to $200 per fiscal year for the development of an individualized weight loss or smoking cessation program as needed by the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program that offers free, confidential counseling services for employees and members of their household.
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Corporate Memberships at local fitness centers including The Fitness Center, Refinery and Mettler Center. Please contact these facilities directly for membership rates.
- Free use of Fitness Center on Parkland Campus via registration in the non-credit course for Fitness Center use and submission of a tuition waiver.
- Employee and Dependent Tuition Waivers for eligible Parkland courses.
- 14 paid holidays annually.
- Reduced work schedule during 8 week summer session with College closed on Fridays.
01 Do you have experience teaching?
02 Describe how you will work to create a campus environment that is welcoming and inclusive.
03 Would you be interested in a substitute assignment separate or in addition to a PT teaching assignment?
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.