Postal Unit Clerk (Administrative Assistant II)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Job Title: Postal Unit Clerk (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #218218 - Requisition #15086
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside.
Facilities Management has an opening for a full-time State Classified Postal Unit Clerk (Administrative Assistant II) position.
The Postal Unit Clerk, a State Classified Administrative Assistant II position, performs a variety of tasks at our Postal Kiosk. Responsibilities include; providing customer service at the Postal Kiosk, weighing letters and parcels, computing costs for different services, and affixing appropriate postage via the RSSBP point of sale system. This position is also responsible for the reconciliation of the daily stamp inventory, and maintaining appropriate inventory of all Priority and Express shipping envelopes and boxes.
The Postal Unit Clerk will also act as back-up for Mail Center Operations and may be asked to assist with mail sorting and various other tasks when necessary
Examples of Work Performed:
Daily Kiosk Operations (60%)
Perform any combination of tasks in a Postal Kiosk. Such as: keeping money drawers in order, and record and balance daily transactions. Weigh letters and parcels, compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination, and affix correct postage, via the RSSBP point of sale system. The Postal Clerk will also be responsible to arrange insurance coverage, such as registered mail and certified mail. Postal Clerk will sell and collect payment for products. Example: stamps of all monetary value. Provide assistance to the public and comply with federal regulations of the USPS, and inform customers of current postage rates. Provide outstanding customer service to all of our internal and external customers.
Stamp & Supply Inventory (30%)
The Postal Clerk is responsible for the reconciliation of the daily stamp inventory. The Postal Clerk is also responsible for keeping a reasonable inventory of all Priority and Express shipping envelopes and boxes. The Postal Clerk will be responsible to have an organized system of accountability of such shipping supplies.
The Postal Clerk along with the Mail Center lead will collaborate on the ordering of Stamps when needed.
Back Up for Mail Center Operations (10%)
At any given time it may be called upon that this employee may need to work in the Mail Center. The Postal Kiosk and Mail Center make up the Mail Services Department.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Sorting and, delivering mail and packages and doing look ups. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $2,839 - $4,039/ month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Two years of experience in a customer service focused position such as Cashier, Front Desk, or similar
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application
- Must be willing and able to sit, stand, walk, bend and reach above shoulders on a constant basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to operate common office equipment
- Must be willing and able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be willing and able to use far vision, hearing and verbal communication on a constant basis
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a constant basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including snow, rain, heat, and cold
- Must be willing and able to work with chemicals/solvents
- Must be willing and able to work in areas where you may be exposed to hazardous conditions
- Must be willing and able to operate moving equipment and work around machinery or moving equipment
- Must be willing and able to work around noise/vibrations
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver's License
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug test
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies
- 2-3 years of experience in high volume Customer Service
- Experience working with a Point of Sale (POS) system
- Experience performing electronic data entry and record keeping
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing (composing and responding to e-mails)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to stay calm when working under pressure (high volume and long service lines)
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until November 20th, 2018 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 60028 - ADM-AVCFO Other FS Mail Center
Posting Date: Nov 6, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 20, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sean McBride
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00218218