Accounting Technician III
Areas of Intereset: Business/Management
Functional Areas: Infrastructure & Sustainability
Department: Facilities Management
Requisition Number: 14090
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 11-Nov-2018
CU Boulder's Facilities Management welcomes applications for an Accounting Technician III. This role approves invoices and procurement card transactions incurred by the University, by auditing and processing payment documents, utilizing three computerized accounting systems and reconciling PeopleSoft accounts by analyzing discrepancies and making required corrections.
Who We Are
The Office of Infrastructure and Sustainability (I&S) oversees an annual operating budget of $112 million. Areas of responsibility include long-range capital planning, real estate development, architecture, design and construction, the operation and maintenance of all campus facilities and utilities, transportation services, workplace accident prevention and the creation of a safe working environment for campus employees, environmental health and safety, campus logistics, and efforts around sustainability and resiliency.
Beyond creating a safe and secure environment at CU Boulder, the department is embarking on several projects that are key to the strategic vision of the campus including: creating a clear and comprehensive framework and methodology for campus master planning; developing strategies and tactics to improve campus sustainability and resiliency; and progressively working within the campus and with our community partners to positively impact humanity.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Approve Facilities Management invoices for payment to outside entities by auditing and authorizing vouchers in comparison to purchase orders/standing purchase orders/departmental purchase orders for mathematical accuracy, compliance with purchasing terms and conditions, and Federal, State, and University rules and regulations.
- After vendors’ payments have been processed, identify and allocate departmental/internal billings when appropriate.
- Independently identify and research purchasing/payables discrepancies and determine best course of action to resolve, including interfacing with Procurement Service Center personnel, Facilities Management program managers, and vendors.
- Requires working across all funds, and currently includes activity totaling $3.5 million annually.
Manage Standing Purchase Orders
- Minimize outstanding balances to avoid overstating encumbrances by using historical activity and projecting future needs, while ensuring adequate balances to meet current contract activity, and adjusting balances between fiscal years.
- Monitor purchasing and payables activity to ensure fiscal responsibility.
Use of Cash Processing System
- Control cash receipts from vendors for overpayment and credit balances by researching, verifying and depositing checks received into the Cash Processing System (CPS).
- Advise cashiers of the appropriate Peoplesoft speedtype and account code to credit while maintaining audit trail.
What You Should Know
This is a 75% appointment.
What We Can Offer
Anticipated Starting Salary adjusted for 75% time is $32,913.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Supportive. Be Adventurous. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be a current Colorado resident.
What You Will Need
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to collect and analyze information and problem-solve
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working in a government or a higher education environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel applications.
- Expense system experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work. 2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position. 3. DD-214 for veteran applicants. a. Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying. 4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 11, 2018.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer