Analytics Program Analyst
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Center for Biomedical Informatics and Personalized Medicine/Health Data Compass
Analytics Program Analyst
Position 755403 - Requisition 14979
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Center for Biomedical Informatics and Personalized Medicine - Health Data Compass has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Analytics Program Analyst (IT Senior Professional) position.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
Health Data Compass is the enterprise health data warehouse and analytic infrastructure on the University of Colorado Denver's Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO. Our team operates a data integration and analytics platform to support clinical and translational research across the Anschutz Medical Campus research enterprise, to promote operational excellence within our partner hospitals, and to drive innovation and discovery in the field of personalized medicine. We are jointly sponsored by the University of Colorado, CU Medicine, UCHealth, and Children's Hospital Colorado.
Example of Work Performed:
- Responsible for large innovative healthcare collaborative projects on campus that are aimed to improve healthcare through data and analytics.
- Work with clinicians and data scientist to understand operation and analytic questions, design solutions with data integration and technology platforms provided by Compass, and coordinate efforts with technical teams to support these projects.
- Provide continued support for these projects through management of project activities, timelines and deliverables.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree in a research, healthcare, computer science, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Four (4) years of professional level experience developing and supporting data analysis/reporting and data systems in a healthcare or research environment.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for- year basis.
- Master's degree in clinical/healthcare informatics or related healthcare/clinical field from an accredited institution
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience developing and supporting data analysis/reporting and data systems in the healthcare or research environment
- Experience working with either Epic EMR, Clarity, Caboodle data warehouse
- Experience querying data with SQL or another programming language (R, SAS, Python, etc)
- Experience in a project management role
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and healthcare data
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a complex organizational environment
- Knowledge of clinical research
- Knowledge of healthcare operations
- Knowledge of data analytics
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by 11/23/2018. Those who do not apply by 11/23/2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21538 - ADM-VCHA-BIPM Compass
Posting Date: Nov 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sarah Davis
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755403