Close Date: 11/15/2018
Description: The University of Illinois Foundation is the official fundraising and private gift-receiving organization of the University of Illinois System. The University has earned a reputation as a world-class leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. The Foundation works closely with alumni and friends, faculty and staff, corporations and foundations, through campus development professionals to facilitate and create fundraising programs and opportunities that benefit the University.
The Foundation has an opening for a full-time Staff Accountant in its Urbana based Accounting Department. Their primary responsibilities are to apply accounting principles and practices to professional accounting tasks within the functional area of endowment administration. This accounting position provides timely, accurate information to inquiries from various constituencies; researching and resolving problems where necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administration for all accounting tasks related to endowment funds. This includes managing the monthly and annual budgets, calculating monthly unit market values, checking all endowment funds for accurate spending and management, updating all changes to funds in the Fund Database software, processing year end withdrawal requests, and maintaining integrity of the endowment funds and Fund Database software as a whole.
- Prepares UIF monthly payroll by posting data in Human Resources/Payroll software. Ensures the timely payment of payroll tax deposits and works closely with the Human Resources department on the filing of federal and state payroll tax returns, including W2s.
- Performs a monthly comprehensive review and reconciliation of gifts-in-kind received. Ensures accurate recording in UIF general ledger and ensures University is notified of inventory or capital items transferred to the University.
- Produces and reconciles monthly real estate reports. Updates farm market values annually
- Provides training on UIF Online Accounting System for each university
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or related area is required
- Knowledge of principals of professional accounting and the ability to apply accounting theory to routine accounting problems
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all constituents
- Experience working with endowment funds
- Higher education advancement experience
Competitive benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive background check including, but not limited to, a criminal conviction and credit check will be conducted.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2018
Application Process: For full consideration, all candidates must complete an online application and create a profile at https://jobs.uif.uillinois.edu and upload a cover letter and resume. Applicant interviews may begin before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Foundation Human Resources at [email protected]
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS FOUNDATION
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER