Adult/ Family Nurse Practitioner
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
Hofstra University is seeking a 9 month full time Nurse Practitioner (FNP/ANP) for the Hofstra University Student Health Services. The nurse practitioner will provide direct medical care to a diverse student population, as well as collaborate with other health care professionals in a fast paced clinic environment. This is a full time position, requiring afternoon and evening hours during the academic year, September through May. The Nurse Practitioner will also support community health initiatives and demonstrate comfort providing health education within an integrated setting which combines the resources of medical and mental health care.
- Masters Advance Practice Nursing – Adult or Family
- 3+ years’ experience with a minimum of 3600 hours as independent practitioner with collaborative relationships
- Experience in college health or significant relevant experience preferred
- National certification and BLS required
- An established record of accomplishment promoting student development programs and cultivating positive relationships that cultivate comprehensive student-centered organization
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
- Have strong quantitative and analytical skills, and have comfort with appropriate technologies including social media
- Have a passion for and experience with working students, families, and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
- Actively support and attend DSA and University-wide events
- Perform other duties as required