Coordinator of University Contracts
Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois System
Office of Business & Financial Services
UIUC AVP Business & Finance
Coordinator of University Contracts
The System Offices seeks a Coordinator of University Contracts to, under administrative direction, draft, negotiate and execute contracts in the Contract Services Office within the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Business and Finance, Urbana-Champaign campus. Develop and provide training and dissemination of information to campus units. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Review and approve university contracts on behalf of the Contract Services Office. Working under the direction of the Associate Director for Business and Finance, complete business review and analysis of non-purchasing and non-research contracts, working with the Office of University Counsel and other offices to determine related liability, risks, and financial matters. Sign Comptroller's name to contracts and other documents as appropriate. Provide approval on behalf of the President for expenditure contracts of $250,000 or more.
2. Collaborate with university units to develop unit-specific contract templates for a more efficient contract process.
3. Set goals and objectives for procedures for contract processing and for communicating information about contract requirements to business offices throughout the university.
4. Develop systematic approach for efficient workflow of contract processing. Continually evaluate contract processes, recommending policies and procedures to improve efficiency and service to customers.
5. Participate in the development and delivery of training classes for university staff regarding contract issues and new and/or revised policies and procedures, as needed. Participate in the delivery of training for the Illinois Contract System (iCS).
6. Assist with the coordination of Business Leadership Conferences and other annual training/informational programs offered by the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Business and Finance in conjunction with university offices.
7. Assist with developing and evaluating new programs and policies that improve partnership between the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Business and Finance and university business offices to conduct business with efficiency and necessary controls.
8. Serve as the Contract Services Office representative to various university and OBFS committees appropriate for the Coordinator of University Contracts.
9. Perform other duties as assigned appropriate for the Coordinator of University Contracts.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree (preferably in business administration or related field) with three years to five years' experience in University of Illinois administration (preferred) or equivalent experience in a similarly complex organization. Other requirements include: excellent written and verbal communications skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; knowledge related to business and financial operations; good analytical skills; proven ability to exercise good judgement and discretion; strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office Programs.
Preferred qualifications: experience in a University of Illinois college or unit and familiarity with OBFS policies and procedures; experience negotiating contracts at the University of Illinois or a similarly complex organization; and experience teaching or developing and delivering training.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by November 26, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The System Office conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The System Office is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 11/26/2018