Office Assistant (Req. 29072)
Office Assistant (Req. 29072)
Academic & Student Services Peer Learning provides undergraduate student-athletes with peer learning (tutoring) services towards achieving personal and academic success at UCLA. The Academic & Student Services Peer Learning program at UCLA is jointly administered through the Division of Undergraduate Education and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics servicing more than 700 student athletes throughout the academic year and summer sessions.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Academic & Student Services Peer Learning and working closely with the Program Assistant, the Office Assistant (payroll title ___Assistant II), provides administrative support to the Academic & Student Services Peer Learning unit. When peer learning is in session, the work schedule will be Monday to Thursday, 1:30 pm to 10: 30 pm, and Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, for 40 hours of work per week. During break weeks, the work schedule will be Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Major duties include serving as receptionist, primary contact person and monitor for the Academic & Student Services peer learning lab hours, 11:00am to 10:30 pm, Monday to Thursday; responding to departmental information requests from visitors, students and peer learning facilitators both in person and by phone, and referring individuals to the appropriate offices for assistance; assisting with peer learning lab (tutorial) assignments; PLF trainings; coordinating personnel and payroll activities; compiling and maintaining data for reports; processing room reservation requests and textbook requests; and other clerical tasks as assigned.
This position is in the UCLA Division of Undergraduate Education, with close interaction with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA), and requires the incumbent to have the ability to adhere to and comply with NCAA, PAC-12, and University rules and regulations.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu Reference position # 29072 AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Demonstrated office administration skills, abilities and experience.
- Demonstrated skill in speaking with various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds effectively and professionally to explain departmental policies, procedures, and projects to department, campus, and staff.
- Working knowledge and proficiency of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Outlook, and Internet.
- Demonstrated writing skills to prepare concise, logical, grammatically correct correspondence.
- Skill in prioritizing tasks and completing work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, changes in priorities, deadlines and heavy workload.
- Ability to speak one-to-one and to groups using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information accurately.
- Demonstrated skill in reading, understanding, interpreting and applying administrative guidelines.
- Demonstrated skill in working independently and creatively to follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, sound judgment and tact in dealing with confidential materials and information.
- Must be able to maintain a regular schedule and on-time attendance. Must be able to to work evening hours, and overtime as needed.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct