Nursing: Academic Department Associate (Marshfield site)
Job ID 14728
Location UW Eau Claire;Marshfield, WI
Full/Part Time Full-Time
POSITION: A full-time university staff position is available in the Department of Nursing beginning as soon as possible. The working title for this assignment is Academic Department Associate with an official title of Academic Department Associate. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected hourly hiring salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A thorough knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, and database) and the Internet; adherence to rules and regulations of the federal and state government; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information; excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in working with a diverse community; ability to delegate and prioritize work; attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills; good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness and resourcefulness; and the ability to work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working in higher education. Bachelor’s Degree.
50% Student and Faculty Support
- Serve as a point of contact for program related inquiries.
- Consult with campus offices regarding the needs of students, staff, and faculty.
- Maintain student information including emergency contact information, health records, ID badges, and mailboxes.
- Support program orientation by verifying attendance, preparing orientation materials, and coordinating orientation event details.
- Assist students with course registration and trouble shoot registration problems in conjunction with Eau Claire support staff.
- Update program plan information and advising assignments in the CampS Blugold database.
- Assist faculty and staff with creating and processing materials for coursework, meetings, organizations, recruitment, licensure, and other events upon request.
- Collaborate with Eau Claire support staff to manage scheduling requests for faculty, staff, classrooms, and meeting rooms.
- Collaborate with Eau Claire support staff on the organization and distribution of course and instructor evaluations.
- Proctor student exams if needed.
25% Office Management
- Organize and manage files and databases relating to site and program operations including compiling and maintaining statistical and demographic databases for the annual report.
- Administer and oversee incoming and outgoing office correspondence (telephone, postal service, courier, inter-office, email, letters, bulletin boards, etc.) including managing correspondence or other information requiring immediate attention.
- Manage maintenance/work orders, technology work orders, and furniture arrangement/removal processes.
- Recruit, train, and supervise student employees.
- Comply with health, safety, and workplace regulations to align with the practices and procedures of the Marshfield site and the university.
- Assist with staff orientation including conducting tours, maintaining mailboxes, collecting emergency contact information, and overseeing distribution of room keys, parking passes and ID badges.
- Collect and maintain faculty confidential health records in accordance with current laws and regulations of the College and University policies.
- Inventory office services and supplies.
15% Technology Support
- Troubleshoot technological issues for students, faculty, and staff through coordination with the university, college, and Marshfield Medical Center.
- Assist faculty and staff with preparing technology for courses, meetings, and other events including turning on videoconferencing systems, training faculty and staff on using media and technology, and shutting down video equipment.
- Maintain office machines.
5% Marshfield Clinic Health Systems Partnership
- Collect and compile clinical cost center totals from faculty and staff and send compiled totals to appropriate Marshfield Clinic personnel each semester.
- Assist hospital visitors with directions to various hospital/parking areas, local elevator/stairwells, and other questions as needed.
5% Other duties as assigned
THE UNIT: The Department of Nursing offers BSN, BSN completion, MSN, and DNP programs of study. https://www.uwec.edu/academics/college-nursing-health-sciences/departments-programs/nursing/
UNIVERSITY and MARSHFIELD COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Marshfield is located in both Wood and Marathon counties in central Wisconsin with a population of approximately 19,500 people. Situated 84 miles east of Eau Claire and 45 miles south of Wausau, Marshfield offers small city charm with Midwestern hospitality. It is a place where you can relax in the beautiful countryside and take a break from your daily routine. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a world-class health care facility, and small-town character. For more information, please visit: http://visitmarshfield.com/.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Nursing: Academic Department Associate (Marshfield site) position (Job ID # 14728) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Rachel Merkel, [email protected]
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 4:00 pm on Monday, September 24, 2018. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.