TCS Education System is currently seeking an Office Manager to join our Chicago Office.
The Office Manager will provide a high level of active and independent administrative support, office management and facilities support, as well as specific event planning needs within a fast-paced environment. This role will support the Chief Financial Officer, the General Counsel, the Chief Human Resource Officer, and their respective teams.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the recording secretary for TCS ES Finance, Investment, and Audit Committee meetings. Develop committee correspondence; Board Books, minutes, and project manage the execution of these meetings on behalf of the CFO/Staff Liaison. Assist with the affiliate finance and audit committee meetings on an as needed basis.
- Create and prepare high-level correspondence and communication pieces including staff communication, executive and board reports, and presentations.
- Manage relationships and contracts with vendors, service providers and building management.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, floor plan layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Manage projects related to facility maintenance.
- Manage and collaborate with other departments on event planning needs pertaining to in-office and offsite events.
- Basic analytics, data tracking, maintenance, reporting, and upkeep.
- Submit and rectify expense reports, bills, and invoice processing.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings and appointments, and assist with the coordination, logistics, catering, and execution of special events.
- Oversee departmental meeting setups, follow-up of meeting materials, and coordinate participation for out-of-town members.
- Coordinate executive travel to include making airline and hotel reservations, arrange ground transportation, prepare itineraries, and assure smooth travel experiences.
- Manage the purchasing of office supplies for the Office of the General Counsel, Finance, and HR Teams.
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Manage and support employee's questions or concerns regarding office management issues (i.e.; facilities requests).
- Manage and support Receptionist responsibilities and functions.
- Complete and manage special projects and reports as needed.
- High level of reliability, discernment, and commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports, including drafting, editing, and appropriate processing
- Must have strong interpersonal and outstanding oral communication skills with the ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of productivity and efficiency
- Must be responsive, quick-thinking, collaborative, and possess an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues
- Must take initiative to proactively act on behalf of the CFO.
- Establish priorities, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet demanding deadlines
- Project management: Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team
- Technical and analytical skills: Must possess advanced knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web applications. Preferred ability to utilize Microsoft Visio, Seamless, and ImageNow.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-6 years related experience required, at least 3 years' experience working as an administrative assistant to senior level executives is desired.
- 3 years of experience in office management/facilities management.
- Ability to perform sedentary work.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
- Ability to lift objects (up to 20 lbs.)
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System