TCS Education System is currently seeking an Office Manager to join our Chicago Office.
The Office Manager will provide a high level of active and independent administrative support, office management and facilities support, as well as specific event planning needs within a fast-paced environment. This role will support the Chief Financial Officer, the General Counsel, the Chief Human Resource Officer, and their respective teams. The Office Manager will work closely with the Office of the President in supporting Board of Trustee events.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the recording secretary for TCS ES Finance, Investment, and Audit Committee meetings. Develop committee correspondence; Board Books, minutes, and project manage the execution of these meetings on behalf of the CFO/Staff Liaison. Assist with the affiliate finance and audit committee meetings as needed.
- Serve as administrative support to the Benefits Committee and the Corporate Compliance Committee.
- Create and prepare correspondence and communications, executive board reports, and presentations.
- Manage relationships and contracts with vendors, service providers and building management.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, floor plan layouts, seating assignments, equipment procurement, employee badging and security.
- Manage projects related to facility changes and maintenance.
- Manage and collaborate with other departments on event planning needs for in-office and offsite events.
- Prepare analytics, data tracking, maintenance, and reporting.
- Prepare and submit expense reports, bills, and invoices for processing.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings and appointments, and assist with the coordination, logistics, catering, and execution of events.
- Oversee departmental meeting setups, follow-up of meeting materials, and coordinate participation for guests and remote participants.
- Coordinate executive travel to include airline and hotel reservations, arranging ground transportation, preparing itineraries, and handling travel disruptions.
- Manage the purchasing and inventory of office supplies for the Office of the General Counsel, Finance, and HR Teams.
- Update and maintain office policies.
- Answer employee's questions or concerns regarding office management issues (i.e.; facilities requests).
- Supervise a staff Receptionist, defining role, responsibilities and setting performance expectations.
- Undertake special projects and reports as requested.
- High level of reliability, discernment, attention to detail, and commitment to discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports, including drafting, editing, and preparing final documents.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, outstanding oral communication skills with the ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Responsive, quick-thinking, collaborative, and with an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues.
- Ability to prioritize, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Project management skills with an ability to work independently without close supervision yet with other colleagues
- Technical and analytical skills: Must possess advanced knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web applications. Preferred ability to utilize Microsoft Visio, Seamless, and ImageNow. Knowledge of video conference software and hardware and set ups.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-6 years related experience required, at least 3 years' experience working as an administrative assistant to senior level executives is desired.
- 3 years of experience in office management/facilities management.
- Ability to perform sedentary work.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
- Ability to lift objects (up to 20 lbs.)
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System