Storeroom Attendant I
Requisition # 2018-9558
Department Support Services
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University is seeking a Storeroom Attendant to join its Technology Operations team within the Office of Information Technology (OIT). As a member of Technology Operations, the storeroom attendant maintains a database and physical inventory of technical parts, equipment and tools used by the Technology Operations technical staff. The Storeroom Attendant also processes and fills customer requests, stocks shelves, researches parts, and counts material (manually or using a handheld barcode scanner) and posts totals to an inventory database.
Supporting a campus community of nearly 8,000 students and more than 6,600 employees and growing, the Technology Operations working environment is busy and fast-paced. A successful candidate is able to multi-task and possesses effective communication skills.
This is a 2-year term position.
- Maintain a physical inventory of parts, equipment and tools using an inventory/job tracking database and scanning devices
- Identify, classify, inventory and disburse material and tools used by hardware support technicians for computer, networking, and telecommunication projects, maintenance or repairs
- Qualify incoming work orders for campus field services
- Provide customer service at the front counter for walk-in customers
- Provide telephone support and answer questions about parts from vendors, technicians, and customers
- Order and research computer parts and data/telecommunication tools and prices online
- Perform random cycle counts
- Contact vendors to verify equipment prices and shipping status, track backorders, and resolve order issues
- Process warranty returns for parts, tools, and equipment
- Maintain an organized tool room and ensure all tools are inventoried properly
- Maintain and initiate repairs of material, tools, and test equipment stored in the tool crib; notify management of damaged or obsolete tools
- Assist with the annual physical inventory
- Shipping and receiving
- Provide backup to the coordinator of the campus, walk-in technology support center—OIT Solutions Center Tech Clinic
- Provide backup and perform duties of the utility driver; and keep maintenance and repair records for departmental vehicles
- Commitment to professional, courteous customer service
- Ability to identify various telecommunication, computer, and network materials and tools
- Effective communication skills, ability to read and comprehend instructions, and write correspondence
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 50 to 75 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to maintain a high level of transaction accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
two years from start
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Princeton University is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to our careers site.