Lead AC Power Engineer
Requisition # 2018-9570
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Lead AC Power Engineer is responsible for the operations, performance and maintenance of the ac power system.
- Maintain cognizance over all of the PPPL electrical distribution systems including 138kV, 26.4kV, 13.8kV 4.16kV and 480V systems.
- Maintain cognizance over all of the PPPL emergency power systems including Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and standby diesel generators.
- Act as Project Manager for ac power improvement projects.
- Respond to emergencies and other unplanned events affecting the ac power system.
- Maintain managerial responsibility of the lab's arc flash protection programs.
- Oversee the modeling of the lab's arc flash and protective coordination analysis, and provide the engineering oversight to keep PPPL in compliance with NFPA 70E and OSHA Guidelines.
- Provide oversight of NSTX-U AC Power equipment: ensuring routine maintenance for transformers, switchgear and motor control centers (MCC's).
- Provide Engineering oversight in both the design and operation of power systems for PPPL experimental programs.
- BS Electrical Engineering. MS Electrical Engineering preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of NFPA 70, NFPA 70E and OSHA Guidelines
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.