HR Data Management
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 11-06-2018
HR Systems and the Data Management team serves as a key piece of the overall planning and retention efforts for excellent faculty/staff at Illinois State University. The ITSA-Data Management Specialist works in the Systems area of Human Resources and performs a variety of data analysis and entry. Serving as the primary Data Management Specialist for at least one area of Employees/Personnel on campus (Student and Graduate Assistant). May serve as a backup for all other areas of employment for short periods.
The primary function is that of data entry/analysis in 3 Oracle systems. This position has ownership of data integrity and provides support by having functional knowledge of ISU's business practices related to Human Resources, Payroll, Budget, Administrative Technologies, and all other customers that Human Resources serves.
The incumbent must understand the relationship of employment policy/processes, data entry, systems, as well as simple benefits for all employment groups.
The incumbent will scrutinize hiring documents, and provide quality institutional and employee related data, which the University maintains, and will ensure data integrity, control, and records management. This includes accessing relevant and accurate current, historical, and future data that support business processes, legal requirements, reporting, technology, commitment accounting and policy analysis.
Accuracy and initiative are a must. Ability to identify and resolve customer issues by inquiry, researching, understanding, and applying all the resources available.
The incumbent will work in a highly confidential setting.
1. High School Graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling one year (must be equivalent of full-time) from the following categories:
a) Progressively more responsible work experience in PeopleSoft data input/analysis in HCM or Time and Labor OR General Human Resources functions (Benefits, Recruitment, Classification & Compensation, Labor & Employee Relations)
b) College course work which included Information Technology (IT), or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
-60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one year
3. Demonstrated experience with data input accuracy.
4. In depth knowledge of Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits transaction processing.
5. Strong MS Excel, Word, and Access skills.
6. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Understanding of the University Mission and Goals with a working knowledge of the University structure for Governance, Administration and Academic Colleges.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.