This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Provides high-quality customer service to each person who enters the office.
- Provides customer service via answering phone calls and assisting customers or taking messages and directing them to the appropriate office/individual.
- Supervises student worker.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies for Vice President's office.
- Maintains office files; keys memorandums, letters, and reports.
- Assists Vice President with preparing meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution.
- Assists Vice President with preparing written correspondence.
- Maintains calendar for Vice President and schedules appointments.
- Makes travel, meeting, and other arrangements for Vice President.
- Utilizes Banner System to acquire student information.
- Sorts incoming mail, faxes, and other deliveries.
- Prepares requisitions for bill payments for Student Health and Counseling services; handles purchasing and prepares travel.
- Prepares requisitions for bill payments for Residential Life and orders supplies.
- Assists all departments in Student Affairs and Enrollment Management as needed including Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Maintains records for federal grants in Student Health and Behavioral Counseling Services.
- Maintains budget and records for Vice President's office.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of E-Pro/PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of Banner System.
- Skill in interpersonal communications and grammar.
- Skill in basic computer operations.
The Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include FERPA and University policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied administrative duties. The number of assignments contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide critical support to the Vice President. Success in this position helps ensure the success of the Vice President and other departments.
- Contacts are typically with students, parents, administrative assistants, directors, financial aid advisors, enrollment associates, recruiters, vendors, and business and finance departments.
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; and to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office, library, or computer room.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Associates degree required.
- More than two years of related experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.