Advanced Practice Provider II/UKHC
The Advanced Practice Provider II/UKHC position will serve as a member of the Pediatrics healthcare team to enhance support for patients, families, providers and staff in the Pediatric Allergy/Immunology Program.
Advanced Practice Provider II/UKHC
Advanced Practice Provider II
7H666:PEDIATRICS - PULMONOLOGY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) or Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP) is required.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/walking for long periods of time.
Monday - Friday 8:00am-5pm and additional hours as necessary based upon crisis situations and inpatient coverage.
Excellent patient care skills in ambulatory and inpatient setting; excellent oral and written communication skills; attention to detail; strong overall computer skills; ability to handle sensitive issues. PALS/ACLS required prior to start date.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Nursing experience in critical care or emergency room environment preferred. 2 years prior experience as provider highly desired.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * For Nurse Practitioner applicants, do you currently hold one of the following certifications: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) or Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP) or are you eligible to obtain any of these by date of hire?
- I am applying as a Physician Assistant
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter