This position will provide technical support for research activities in the field and laboratory in the Department of Horticulture. Responsibilities include: manage laboratory procedures and processes, monitor and order inventory, maintain lab equipment, coordinate sampling and maintenance of field experiments. This position will also provide mentorship and oversee the work activities of graduate and undergraduate students.
IEBC - Internal Employee Being Considered
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Standing for long periods of time. Extreme weather conditions. Lifting up to 20 lbs.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Additional hours may be required during peak season.
MS Windows, Excel, and SAS.
Attention to detail and ability to maintain a safe work environment.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Driver's license preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many analytical instruments have you experience operating?
- Three or more
- * How many years of experience do you have in Excel using the following functions: data sorting, pivot tables, filtering, advanced formula development including logical formulas (i.e. IF statements) and general knowledge of macros.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your research experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita
- Writing Sample
- Academic Transcript